This weeks sees Raleigh’s inaugural Cyclelife Electric training academy courses, providing the UK’s serious electric bike dealers with a free detailed technical training course from electric bike system providers like Bosch, Yamaha, Tranz X and ION.
Raleigh said that the 90 places available over three separate sessions were snapped up within a fortnight, leading the firm to look at running a second course at the end of February 2015.
The detailed e-bike event was for UK electric bike dealers who want to be certified and ready to manage technical and service matters.
The workshops offered the UK’s premium electric bike stockists:
· expert training and advice from product specialists
· an in-depth introduction to the new Raleigh, Haibike and Koga e-bike ranges
· certification in servicing the Bosch, Yamaha, Tranz X and ION systems used on Raleigh’s e-bike brands
· comprehensive sales and service training
· account set up for 2015 supply and service support including diagnostic software
· confirmation of 2015 stockist support agreements from Raleigh, including retail and event support.
“We know how rapidly the e-bike market is growing in the UK but we didn’t expect a complete sell out of all 90 places within a fortnight," said Raleigh marketing manager Ben Hillsdon.
“It’s an exciting time for the e-bike market and with the addition of a new brand to our e-bike portfolio it’s no surprise dealers are excited at what we have in store.
"We’ll follow up the first part of this course with part two early in the new year then look at running subsequent courses to cater for the demand.”
BikeBiz came along to the debut e-bike academy and we’ll have more on that in our December mag.