Cheshire's Bikehaus has been raided by thieves who made a hole in the roof in order to scoop a haul worth tens of thousands.
Co-owned by British Paralympian Jon-Allen Butterworth and business partner Andy Hilton, the Gatley store was targetted at some point between Monday evening and Tuesday morning. Unfortunately, thieves evaded the store's CCTV.
Hilton told the Manchester Evening News: "We assumed the shop was secure because there is a steel back door, but they have climbed up on the roof, created a hole and then brought down internal fire doors – you can’t prepare for that.
"We are still adding up what has been taken. The most likely place people will be trying to sell the bikes is eBay, if you do spot a bike online you believe has come from our store let us know and we can confirm it and let the police know."
The following is confirmed to be missing:
- Ridley Helium SL with pro lite wheels (ex-team bike)
- Ridley Dean with Pro lite disc and 50mm tub front (ex team bike)
- Various Modas' – Molto, Rubato, Bolero, Fresco
- Focus Cayo – red/black ultegra build 56cm, green/black ultegra build 54cm
- Focus Mares 56cm – black with guards
- Pinarello Paris in Sky colours with Kyrsium SLS
- Felt F3 with Zipp 30s
- Felt TK2 with FFWD F9T with Powertap and 3t Scatto bars
- Zipp 60s in conti wheel bag
- FFWD F9T wheels is matching wheel bag – brand new
If you have any information on the robbery contact police or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
You can also follow the store on Twitter here.