Interbike has announced the OutDoor Demo at Bootleg Canyon, Nevada, is on schedule to meet or exceed space booked at last year's event. The OutDoor Demo currently has 63,500 of net-sold, square-feet of exhibit space and is continuing to grow as manufacturers submit exhibiting contracts.
"The OutDoor Demo continues to be an important event for manufactures and bicycle retailers," said Rich Kelly, Interbike's marketing manager.
"Retailers want and need hands-on testing opportunities. The industry continues to introduce a broad range of bikes and accessories for different uses, such as cyclocross and commuting, and OutDoor Demo is the perfect opportunity to demo them all."
This year's edition of the OutDoor Demo will be held September 22-23, 2008 and will now include a cyclocross demo loop, prepared by CrossVegas, LLC, with 40cm high barriers interspersed along a 1-kilometre undulating course.
The OutDoor demo already features a BMX track, closed-road tarmac loop, DH trails, dirt jumps and a variety of XC MTB loops.
Exhibiting companies at OutDoor Demo include Bell Sports, Cannondale, Giant, Jamis, Kona, Scott USA, Shimano, Specialized, SRAM and Trek Bicycles.
Sponsors of the 2008 Interbike OutDoor include:
· Cervélo - Road Demo Loop Start House
· Fox Racing Shox - Suspension Tuning Support
· GUsports - Official Energy Gel
· Mavic - Road Demo Loop Tech Support
· Park Tool - Rider Cooling Station
· Pedro's - Bike Wash and Environmental Sustainability
· PowerBar - Official Energy Food
· Save Our Soles - Schwag Bag Contributor