Stages Cycling has begun selling its next generation of Dash GPS computers.
The Dash M50 features an easy-to-use design, robust GPS mapping with free OSM base maps and support for GPX, TCX, and FIT routes. It also has a high resolution, full-colour Stages EverBrite display and compatibility with a broad range of ANT+ and BTLE enabled power meters sensors including Stages Power meters.
“Stages Power meters revolutionised the power measurement category when we launched six years ago,” said Pat Warner, vice president of Stages Cycling. “The Dash M50 maintains our focus on innovation and accuracy, pairing our revolutionary data customisation and guided workouts with the GPS features a broader range of cyclists demand, all on vivid full-colour displays that are unrivalled in clarity.”
The Dash M50 is £209, including a durable, lightweight aluminium mount, and will be available from authorised retailers and online from Saddleback.
Key Dash M50 features include:
– Stages EverBrite full colour, high-resolution screen with backlight, user-selectable brightness, auto dimming mode and Night Mode
– Menu-based screens for easy setup and use
– 16GB of storage
– 12.5 hours of real-world battery life
– Weighs 95g
– Free Stages LINK mobile app pairs with Dash for text and call alerts, ride file downloads and course uploads, detailed ride analysis and history, and pushes to third-party apps including Strava, TrainingPeaks and others
– Cycling-specific OSM-based maps with colour coded roads, bike routes, paths and trails
– Points of interest including bike shops, cafes, pubs, gas stations and rest stops
– Turn-by-turn course navigation with on-screen notifications and audio alerts
– Follow courses in FIT, GPX or TCX file formats
– Course climbing/elevation profile including progress and colour-coded per cent grade
– Fully customisable layout: landscape or portrait mode, user-defined profiles, pre-set and custom screen layouts and contents with up to 12 data fields per screen
– Free custom course builder via Stages LINK including user-defined points of interest
– Preloaded with base maps (North America) with additional regions available for free download
– On-unit power meter management
– Advanced power metrics including TSS, IF and Normalised Power
– FTP and heart rate zone estimator
– Colour-coded power and HR zones and interval progress graph
– Preloaded with workouts – more can be added via FIT files from Stages LINK or third party apps
– Training Calendar and advanced analytics available via free Stages LINK app
Stages will soon also begin sales of the larger Dash L50, which features a 400×240 resolution display, 16GB of storage, 14 hours of battery life and weighs 120g – it will be priced at £269. It will also offer the Dash L10, an entry-level GPS unit with a configurable monochrome screen, advanced workout and training functions and basic course tracking, priced at £129.