Wittson will launch its new gravel frame Effugio at Bespoked 2019.
“When creating Effugio, our family workshop’s goal was to machine the most versatile frame possible, which would be simple to maintain and comfortable enough for those really long journeys, we are talking cross-continental adventures! And we believe that we finally created a gravel grinder that ticks all the boxes,” the company explained. The frame was hand-sketched with Ernesto Colnago 20 years ago.
It allows riders to run a 2×12 or 1×12 drivetrain, and with the interchangeable Paragon Rocker dropout inserts it can be run singlespeed or Rohloff/Alfine. The splitter on the right chainstay allows entrance of a belt drive. The headtube is machined to accommodate any fork in 1.25in or 1.5in or the 1 1/8in by swapping the headset lower part.
– Gravel geometry
– Oversized externally and internally butted headtube for conical 1.25in or 1.5in fork
– Hydroformed curved toptube
– Double butted downtube
– Hydroformed wishbone bow type seatstays
– Hydroformed chainstays with a yoke
– External disc cable routing
– External full housing derailleur cable routing
– BSA bottom bracket
– Paragon Rocker adjustable dropouts
– Eyelets for three bottle cages
– Fittings for carrier and mudguard
– Hand brushed finish
– Custom sandblasting
– Custom anodizing
– Sandblasted headbadge
– Ti bolts
– Weight: 1710g (size M)
Bespoked is to take place from 3rd to 5th May 2019, with over 100 of the “world’s greatest framebuilders” coming to Bristol.