Website Zedify London
Contract: Permanent. 37.5 hours per week. Part-time and flexible work is also available.
Zedify is shaking things up in the logistics sector by transforming the way first and last mile deliveries are done. Our unique system for consolidated, zero emission deliveries ensures consumers get their items how and when they want, and is helping to create healthier, more liveable cities.
Zedify are looking to recruit an experienced mechanic & delivery rider to join our team. We’re after a friendly and hard-working individual who’s keen to work in a small start-up business with great ambitions to transform deliveries in cities.
Zedify is a Living Wage Employer.
Zedify are looking for a senior mechanic at our London depot to lead on the maintenance of our fleet of electric cargo bikes and trikes. This is a full time position, which will require occasional test riding of all of our vehicles to ensure roadworthiness. Part time and flexible work may also be available.
Main duties & responsibilities
- Ensure the fleet of cargo bikes are running to a high standard
- Carry out regular checks on the bikes to keep up to date on repairs and ensure all bikes remain in good condition
- Travel to stranded riders to fix mechanical issues on the roadside or to swap out a bike with a replacement vehicle
- Create and maintain a schedule of periodic preventative maintenance on our fleet to minimise OTR issues
- Keep effective records of maintenance and repairs made so that these repairs can be assessed and referenced by the depot manager
- Communicate effectively any problems that arise with the bikes to the Depot Manager, and report any concerns
- Manage the inventory of parts and tools required to maintain the fleet, including sourcing, ordering and testing
- Proactively generate and test recommendations to improve the fleets reliability, safety and longevity.
Essential criteria – you must be:
- Creative and methodical
- Meticulous approach to organisation and cleanliness
- Dynamic and hardworking
- Physically fit and strong
- Comfortable riding a range of bikes in an urban environment
- Prepared to work unsupervised for long periods of time and able to use own initiative
- Punctual, trustworthy and very reliable.
Essential criteria – you must have:
- At least three years experience as a bike mechanic in a professional capacity
- At least one years experience in a senior mechanic role
- Ability to problem solve light engineering issues
- Good communication with a friendly and approachable manner
- A positive attitude
- A genuine desire to help make our cities better places to be
Desirable attributes – you should have at least some of these:
- A professional bike maintenance qualification
- Experience working on electric bikes with understanding of low voltage battery systems
- Experience working on cargo bikes
- Wider engineering skills/qualifications eg welding
- Bikeability Level 3 qualification
- Current first aid certificate
Hours of work
The weekly schedule is negotiable for this position but a minimum of 37.5 hours per week is required.
You will need to be physically fit as the job includes:
- Heavy lifting & handling
- Being able to communicate effectively over a phone (speaking & hearing)
All our team members are required to pass Bikeability Level 3 training as a prerequisite to starting work with us.
We provide technical training on vehicles and other areas.
Salary: Negotiable DOE
How to apply: Send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.