Website The London Cycle Workshop
Only the best mechanics need apply.
The London Cycle Workshop has been established for 10 years and has gained an excellent reputation for servicing and repairing bikes to the highest standard. It’s a classic local bike shop that doesn’t sell bikes. We are a growing business and are opening our third shop in East Sheen, SW14.
THE JOB ROLE:
We have a number of full time and part time positions available. We are flexible and are happy to create a bespoke rota for successful candidates.
We are first and foremost a service and repair shop so we are looking for talented and experienced mechanics. We see a broad range of work come through our doors from rebuilding old internal hub gears and fitting helicoils to installing the latest and greatest groupsets and building wheels. Our ethos is to repair and we have a can do attitude.
Prior experience of working both in a busy workshop and in a retail environment is essential. An interest and knowledge of the current trends, product knowledge and an understanding of technical detail is important. Attention to detail, looking after our customers and exceeding their expectations is our highest priority.
We welcome applications from mechanics that can excel both in the workshop and on the shop floor. Meeting and greeting customers, offering advice on repairs, assessing bikes for service work and recommending suitable accessories are all part of the role.
Attentive customer service skills are important to maintain and build relations with our customers, and to ensure we surpass expectations. We have worked hard to build a strong reputation as a friendly, talented and reliable workshop, and these values need to be upheld and built upon. The ability to work as part of a team, and adapt to a changing work load is essential. Basic IT skills along with excellent written and spoken English are requirements for the role, Cytech and other training are a bonus.
YOUR ESSENTIAL SKILLS:
- Previous experience as a mechanic and the ability to adapt and learn.
- Retail experience in the bike trade.
- Strong product knowledge and familiarity of supply chains.
- Computer literacy – training for our EPOS system will be provided.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- A polite and friendly disposition.
- An hourly wage linked to the London Living Wage.
- 28 days holiday pay, (based on a five day working week).
- A staff account to purchase at trade price.
- A flexible rota to suite you.
- The opportunity to join and be part of a growing business.
- Staff rides, curry nights with the team and working with others passionate about bikes.
Please email your CV along with a brief covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants who have not been contacted have not been successful this time. Immediate start available for successful candidates.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.