Maintenance and Service Manager
We’re looking for a highly organised and ambitious individual to join our rapidly growing Fleet team as a Maintenance and Service Manager. Reporting to the Fleet Manager, this person will play a key role in building out the Service and Maintenance processes for the fastest growing ebike company in The UK.
Zoomo is an e-bike company that was launched in Australia in 2017 and is now growing rapidly in the UK and around the world. Equipped with the latest software and hardware technologies, we are redefining our customers’ experience, providing the smartest and most reliable e-bikes on the market.
As well as selling and leasing e-bikes to individuals and businesses in London and across the UK, we also provide structured preventative maintenance services to our customers. This means that our Fleet Team and our team of in-house mechanics form the backbone of our current and future growth.
We recognise this and we treat our Fleet Team and mechanics with the respect they deserve and we are looking for a Maintenance and Service Manager that shares this ethos. Hands-on, problem-solving mechanics who take real pride in their work are at the heart of Zoomo’s success and our incredible growth so far. If you have a passion for cycling and you want to be part of the most exciting e-bike business in the UK, then we want to hear from you!
The Fleet Team at Zoomo is fast becoming one of the most important and innovative parts of our organisation. This is because both our B2B and B2C businesses are growing quickly as more and more delivery and logistics companies are choosing our e-bikes to support their own growth in London and across the UK. What this means for us is that we have a rapidly growing number of customer bikes that require scheduled maintenance.
This role requires a technical professional that has a passion for all things two wheels with excellent attention to detail, great organisation and understanding of workflows and the workshop environment, as well as a constant desire for innovation and improvement.
We need someone with several years of full-time workshop experience, preferably as a workshop manager. You’ll be proficient in developing and implementing maintenance and service procedures for bikes, ebikes or similar vehicle classes. You’ll be responsible for both on-site maintenance performed at Zoomo workshops as well as our team of remote mechanics who travel to our customer sites to perform maintenance.
Finally, we are not only a bike shop, we design and manufacture our bikes. You will be working with the design team and the research and development team to improve our future bike models and versions of existing bikes.
Roles & Responsibilities
The primary responsibility of the Maintenance and Service Manager is to act as the line manager for B2B mechanics and to be the focal point for Service and Maintenance, working with the Fleet Manager to set standards, protocols and procedures
- Line Management of all B2B mechanics
- Setting standards and processes for service and maintenance across the fleet and ensuring compliance from the mechanic team
- Identifying trends in issues with bikes and parts – working with the Hardware team to improve bikes, you have an influence on how we design and manufacture bikes!
- Ensure regular and timely reviews of B2B and B2C fleet maintenance requirements, ensuring that bikes that are due preventative and/or wear and tear maintenance are scheduled correctly;
- Planning the rotas for the mobile mechanic team, with Area Manager, ensuring that at the start of every day, mechanics know where they need to be and what they need to do.
- Careful review of real-time repairs on a day-to-day basis; Coordinate the repair and maintenance scheduling for B2B customers
- Reacting quickly to critical repair situations as they arise and coordinating an appropriate response
- Working cross-functionally to analyse data and drive ad hoc initiatives to completion including working closely with Senior Mechanics, using data to manage and optimise
- Ensuring service history of B2B bikes is up to date and comprehensive – and accessible on our Fleet Management platform
- Working with the Fleet Operations Associate and the Logistics Coordinator to ensure that all parts and tools are in the right place at the right time.
- Cytech or similar qualification
- Experience of workshop development and workshop management (setting process, managing inventory, workshop safety)
- Ability to coordinate logistics and respond quickly when things change
- Familiarity with a suite of software typical in a modern retail environment: EPOS, databases, workshop booking, e-commerce platforms, excel;
- Background in a technical & mechanical role, ideally in ebikes
- Proven track record of fault diagnosis and repair of e-bike systems
- Strong leadership skills with a high level of professionalism
- Self-starter: Independently capable of seeking information, solving conceptual problems, corralling resources and delivering results
- Analytical thinker: Comfortable with data and ambiguity; able to both delve into the details and operational tactics, and engage meaningfully on the big picture or overall strategy
- Adaptable to change: Motivated to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and comfortable working under pressure – we are a start-up and things can change often and quickly!
- Effective communications: Excellent communication skills with the ability to distill complex thoughts and strategies into simple, actionable recommendations
- Technically adept: A high degree of computer literacy and familiarity with / comfortable using digital tech platforms and software
- Customer focused: Proven ability to build trusted relationships with customers.
- Team player: Feels a sense of accountability to the team and expects the same in return and is willing to go above and beyond to make things happen
- Cycling enthusiast: A passion for bikes and a knowledge of basic bike components
- Logistics wizz: Experience working for a logistics company and / or experience working with logistics software would be very advantageous.
Competitive pay, monthly team outings, opportunities for career progression, start-up culture and a fantastic bike-mad team.
How to apply: Send an update CV and a short cover letter (max 100 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.