Website Pedal Works Limited
Position: Workshop Manager
Employer: Pedal Works Limited
Salary: £27,000 – £35,000pa DOE plus commission, pension and benefits
Pedalworks is an independent bike retailer with a large store, burgeoning online platform and a fantastic reputation for quality service. This last 12 months has been both challenging and exciting and has moved Pedalworks to higher levels of growth as cycling has become a critical part of the health and well-being of our community
The Workshop Manager is the key technical role in the store. You’ll manage a busy workshop environment with custom building of high end equipment, repairs and maintenance of all kinds of bikes including ebikes, road, mountain, touring, gravel etc.. You’ll manage staff as well as all things that support and run the very best technical centre around. This role requires a technical professional that has a passion for all things two wheels with fine attention to detail, great organisation of workflows and the physical environment and with a constant desire for innovation and improvement.
You’ll probably be working in a similar environment now but want to step up to a larger role with more autonomy, responsibility and be part of a growing business with energy and direction.
Key skills and knowledge:
- Background in a technical & mechanical role spanning all types of bikes and cycle technology from e-bikes and electronic shifting to full suspension mountain bikes;
- Passionate about detail and the energy and enthusiasm to inspire both customers and team members;
- Follows key product and market trends with genuine love of bike tech;
- Experience in a demanding and busy workshop working with the best products and the best brands around;
- High level of technical ability, dexterity and accuracy;
- Excellent communications skills, ability to adapt style to a range of customers and motivations;
- Ability to co-ordinate logistics, lot of moving parts, anticipates timelines and costs and manage expectations;
- Familiarity with a suite of software typical in a modern retail environment: EPOS, databases, workshop booking, e-commerce platforms, website, social media;
- Ability to manage, motivate and give feedback to staff;
- Complete reliability, honesty and integrity;
About The business
Pedalworks was established in 2011 with a vison and an ambition to inspire more people to ride bikes. We believe in the benefits cycling can bring to individuals and to communities, and the role a great store can play. We really do put our customers at the centre of everything we do, catering for local and international racers to e-bike enthusiasts, off-road riders and the children and adults buying their first bike. Tailoring and customising comes as standard. The quality of our service has won us a loyal customer base and industry awards. This is a great opportunity to join a successful and growing company and develop your career within the cycling industry.
Hours and benefits
This is a 5 day, 40hr week role. There is a 25 day holiday allowance, pension and the usual bike shop discounts
To apply, please send a full CV and covering letter including your salary requirements to the Manager at email@example.com. Deadline for applications is May 12th 2021
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.